Qualified patients can receive free captioned telephone.
Similar to captioned television, CaptionCall uses advanced technology and a communications assistant to quickly provide written captions of what callers say on a large, easy-to-read screen. It works like a regular telephone – simply dial and answer calls as usual – speak and listen using a phone handset like always.
The captioning service is free. Captioning is provided by CaptionCall and paid through a fund administered by the Federal Communications Commission.
This state-of-the-art yet surprisingly simple telephone empowers you to communicate more confidently with friends, family, or coworkers. With the CaptionCall phone, you’ll enjoy:
- Familiarity – CaptionCall works like a regular phone. You dial and answer calls just like you always have.
- Free service – captioning service is funded by the FCC so no new bills, no monthly charges.
- Large text – 7" screen with adjustable text sizes makes it easy to read every word of every call.
- Location flexibility – set up your phone using a wired or wireless internet connection.
- Touch to call – make calls quickly and easily with a simple touch of the screen.
- Saved conversations – You can choose to save the captioning from conversations for later review.
- Customizable audio – easily adjust ringer and handset volume – also customize frequency amplification.
- Saved volume settings – Volume settings can be customized and saved to provide the best experience on every call.
- Telecoil loop connection – for hearing aids with a telecoil option.
- Secure captioning – enjoy a safe, encrypted FCC-regulated transcription process.
These are just some of the many robust features that come with the CaptionCall phone.
The CaptionCall phone will receive periodic automatic updates via the internet. Just keep your CaptionCall phone connected to receive these updates. These periodic updates will contain new features and enhancements to your CaptionCall phone to provide you the best captioned telephone experience available.